Books to read while abroad!
This weeks posting is all about novels set in Venice, Italy. Below I’ve included links to amazon for each book so you can check out the summary and possibly buy it if you’re interested!
- Death At La Fenice- By, Donna Leon
- A Thousand Days In Venice- By, Marlena de Blasi http://www.amazon.com/Thousand-Venice-Ballantine-Readers-Circle/dp/0345457641/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314280443&sr=1-1
- A Venetian Affair- By, Andrea Di Robilant http://www.amazon.com/Venetian-Affair-True-Forbidden-Century/dp/0375726179/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314280502&sr=1-1
- The Rossetti Letter- By, Christi Phillips http://www.amazon.com/Rossetti-Letter-Christi-Phillips/dp/1416527389/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314280663&sr=1-
- The Palace: A Novel- By, Lisa St. Aubin de Teran http://www.amazon.com/Palace-Lisa-St-Aubin Teran/dp/B000C4SRLS/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314280937&sr=1-6
- The Bay of Noon- By, Shirley Hazzard http://www.amazon.com/Bay-Noon-Novel-Shirley Hazzard/dp/B0058M8F9I/ref=sr_1_1s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314281023&sr=1-
- The City of Falling Angels- By, John Berendt http://www.amazon.com/City-Falling-Angels-John-Berendt/dp/B000YT9COM/ref=sr_1_1s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314281208&sr=1-
- The Gondola Scam- By, Jonathan Gash http://www.amazon.com/Gondola-Scam-Jonathan-Gash/dp/B003X898YK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314281522&sr=1-1
- The Talented Mr. Ripley- By, Patricia Highsmith http://www.amazon.com/Talented-Mr-Ripley-Patricia-Highsmith/dp/0393332144/ref=sr_1_1s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314281643&sr=1-
- Venetian Dreaming- By, Paula Weideger http://www.amazon.com/Venetian-Dreaming-PaulaWeideger/dp/B000F6ZACW/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1
- Miss Garnet’s Angel- By, Salley Vickers http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Garnets-Angel-SalleyVickers/dp/B0041T4N7W/ref=sr_1_1s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314282310&sr=1-
- The Marriage Of The Sea- By, Jane Allison http://www.amazon.com/Marriage-Sea-Novel-Jane-Alison/dp/0312422555/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314282628&sr=1-1
Let me know what you pick!
“It’s no longer enough to worry about what’s happening in Ohio or California. We must know what’s happening in Chile and Japan. What occurs today in Osaka can affect what happens tomorrow in Forrest City, Arkansas. It’s imperative that we develop a workforce…that has the skills necessary to move from the jobs of the 20th Century to the jobs of the 21st Century.” —Mike Huckabee
“Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of Europe, Mexico, the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria’s mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once.” —Anthony Bourdain
“You lose sight of things in daily life… and when you travel, everything seems to balances out.” —Daranna Gidel